Friday, January 8, 2010

Studying & Praying God's Word - A Simple Guide

Studying God’s Word

1. What is God teaching me (what am I to learn)?
  - about Himself – Father/Son/Holy Spirit?
  - about me/others?
  - about life/death?
  - about faith/belief/unbelief/doubt?
  - about other things?
            GOD HAS TAUGHT ME …

2. What is there in this text that I should thank God for?
            I CAN REALLY THANK GOD FOR …

3. How have I failed or sinned in light of what I have learned in this text?
  - Is there something God would have me do that I have failed to do?
            I REALLY HAVEN’T BEEN …
  - Is there something I have been doing that God would have me to stop doing?
            I HAVE BEEN …

4. What would God have me do differently in my life according to this text?
  - What would God have me think, say, or do differently from what I am currently doing?
            GOD WOULD CHANGE THE WAY I … BY …
  - What would the Lord have me start thinking, saying, or doing that I wasn’t before?
            GOD WOULD HAVE ME BEGIN …

Praying God’s Word
From the answers to the series questions, you’ll begin to find the next by product – the substance of your prayers.

1. WISE HEAVENLY FATHER, IN WHAT YOUR WORD HAS TAUGHT ME,
    GRANT ME YOUR WISDOM THAT I MAY . . .
2. GRACIOUS AND GIVING LORD, IN WHAT YOUR WORD HAS TAUGHT ME,
    I THANK YOU FOR . . .
3. MERCIFUL AND FORGIVING LORD, IN LIGHT OF WHAT YOUR WORD
    HAS TAUGHT ME, I CONFESS TO YOU THAT . . .
4. HOLY SPIRIT AND GUIDE, IN LIGHT OF WHAT YOUR WORD HAS TAUGHT ME,
    GRANT THAT I MAY NO LONGER . . .
    AND GRANT THAT I MAY BEGIN TO . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment