Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Prayer Amidst the Undulation of Joy and Sadness

Ever is a peril near me,
Ever have I grace to cheer me,
Ever in my woes I sigh,
Ever see I Jesus nigh.

Ever do my sins upbraid me,
Ever Jesus comes to aid me,
Ever woes around me throng,
Ever am I full of song.

Now I seated am in gladness,
Now I fall and lie in sadness,’ ..
Often weary and distrest,
Ever find in Jesus rest.

Thus is grief linked-to my gladness,
Sweet and bitter, joy and sadness
Fill the cup that I must drain
In this life of joy and pain.

But, 0 Jesus, ‘mid life’s sadness,
Grant that faith’s true joy and gladness,
Over sin and grief that quail,
Ever, ever may prevail. Amen.

Kingo: Aldrig er jeg unden Vaade
L 272 HCH 207 tr. C. Doving.
337.  Trinity 11 - Saturday
Book of Family Prayer - Laache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment