Monday, October 31, 2011

... my works are a stink in the nostrils of God

Apart from Him, my works are a stink in the nostrils of God.
Apart from Him, I am so deeply damned that I cannot even conceive the depth of my damnation.
There is no other name given under heaven by which we must be saved.
The world hates it when we preach this.
It will hate us as it hated the One whom we preach.
And the world is not kidding.
It will not give us a pass, but will execrate and reject us as those who disturb civil tranquility and turn the world upside down.
There is nothing quaint or tolerable about the preaching of the church about sin and grace.
There just isn't. This causes the cross of persecution to be laid upon our shoulders.
So be it.
We preach the cross of Christ so that we are empowered to bear our cross when it comes.
Now and to the ages of ages. Amen.

- not sure where this came from, but I pray the Lord may grant me such wisdom in all the throws of life. 

pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment