Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Considering a thought, an action, or a word by asking:

This study note from Proverbs 6:1-19 speaks well of the examined life of the baptized that always leads us to take our old Adam, i.e. sinful nature back to our Lord in repentence that it be put to death and the new life in us come forth. The questions are excellent for anyone seeking actively live the faith they confess. 

"God’s Law shows us not only our sins but also their motivations and consequences.
Consider a thought, an action, or a word by asking:
Why am I doing this?
Where could it take me?
Can I do this in the name of the Lord?
God hates sin so deeply that He sent His Son to take away sin’s power—its curses and its eternal consequences.
In Christ, we are forgiven and empowered to overcome sin.
Good-for-nothings are made into God’s precious and valuable sons and daughters.
Lord, You know my heart. Forgive those times when sin, not Your grace and Spirit, has motivated me. Take my words, Lord, my hands, and my feet, and use them for Your good purposes. May all who follow You speak well of one another and know the peace that comes with wisdom rooted in Your Word. In Jesus’ name. Amen."
Concordia Publishing House (2009-10-31). The Lutheran Study Bible (Kindle Locations 74238-74243). Concordia Publishing House. Kindle Edition.

For your thoughts and considerations!!!
 
pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment