Saturday, February 7, 2015

forever shall be a pensioner

Blessed Lord God, heavenly Father, my soul has never grown rich in itself. I have been and forever shall be a pensioner on Your daily bounty of goodness and grace. 
Surely my prayers have ascended to You for a wide range of spiritual needs and yet You have supplied Your mercies new and infinite beyond all my needs. 
The number of my wants in prayer exceed my ability to count, and yet Your supplies for them have been infinitely great. 
How beyond counting have been the multitudes of my sins, yet how beyond all multitudes have been Your manifold graces in Christ for me. 
How shall I not say with all confidence, “I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. (Ps 116:1)”? 
For where my prayers have been many and varied beyond my ability to know them, even more so have been Your answers to them, O Lord my God. 
You have heard me in the days of trouble and strengthened me, and helped me, even though I came with trembling and doubt to Your mercy seat. 
How infinite is Your loving kindness and redemption in Christ, for no matter how great our need, nor unending of our need, the fountain of Your love in Christ can never be drained by any of us. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” (Ps 103:2).

-pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment