Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not According to My Righteousness

“And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The Lord is our righteousness.’” Jeremiah 23:6 (ESV)
Blessed God deal with me,
Not according to my righteousness.
Blessed God deal with me,
Not according to the cleanliness of my hands.
Deal with my unrighteous thoughts,
According to the righteous thoughts of Christ for me.
Deal with the uncleanness of my thoughts,
According to the purity of Christ’s thoughts for me.
Deal with my unrighteous words,
According to the righteous words of Christ for me.
Deal with the uncleanness of my words,
According to the purity of Christ’s words spoken for me.
Deal with my unrighteous works,
According to the righteous works of Christ for me.
Deal with the uncleanness of my works,
According to the purity of Christ’s works done for me.
Deal with me, my unrighteousness, and my uncleanness,
According to Jesus Christ, His righteousness, and His purity – for me.
“And this is the name by which he will be called:
‘The Lord is
our righteousness.’” Jeremiah 23:6 (ESV)
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment