Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I AM YOUR SERVANT; GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING ...

I am your servant; give me understanding,

that I may know your testimonies! Psalm 119:125

To rightly call oneself a servant of the Lord is purely consequential.

Only by the Lord calling me His servant, may I dare to call myself such.

Apart from the calling of the Lord, I am bound as a servant and slave of sin and self.

If I would be a servant of the Lord, I have need of understanding.

For I have had knowledge prior to the call of the Lord, and with that knowledge I lived as Lord.

For any knowledge, apart from the Lord’s understanding, would only puff me up beyond my place as a servant.

As surely as I could never be the Lord’s servant apart from His calling, so surely I would never know the testimonies of the Lord apart from the understanding He alone provides.

Surely this understanding is nothing other the work of the Holy Spirit through faith.

The Pharisees and the Scribes had knowledge, had the divine knowledge of God’s word, and yet with all that knowledge they could not, and did not, know God’s Living Testimony before them in Jesus Christ.

Apart from the understanding that God given faith provides, one can only know the testimonies of God from above them.

Surely if I would rightly be a servant of the Lord,

if I would rightly know the testimonies of God,

and thus rightly know Jesus Christ,

then I must learn them from the place of faith beneath those testimonies, beneath the Cross.

For where I will not learn beneath the Sacred testimonies of God,

I will never really know anything,

I will never really be a servant of the Lord,

And I will never really know the living Testimony of God of who took my flesh and became my Servant and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I shall never understand that this Living Testimony of God came to save me from my ignorance and failure as a servant of the Most High God.

Thus I pray, give me understanding O Lord, that I may know, that I may believe in your crucified and risen Testimony, Jesus Christ.

In Him, let my prayer be understood and acceptable in Your sight. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment