Friday, November 13, 2009

YOUR PROMISE IS WELL TRIED ...

Your promise is well tried,

And your servant loves it. Psalm 119:140

As the purity and strength of all things is tested in the furnace of fire,

so the purity and strength of the Lord’s promise is proven in the furnace of my failures in sin.

The promises of pride, pleasure and position that I have turned to are quickly consumed in the flames of my unfaithfulness before the Law of the Lord.

Such promises cannot withstand the flaming attacks of my faithful foe who would likewise consume me.

No king, no tyrant, no enemy made this furnace nor started its flames.

No, I fall bound headlong into the furnace and fire of my own making in sin.

Yet it is to me in my bondage and boundary within the furnace of sin, that my Lord and my God sends His promise.

It is in this furnace that one who is as the Son of God comes to me and preserves my life in the midst of my furnace and flame.

It is said that a pound of pure gold could be set into the center of the hottest furnace for as long as two months, and not lose a single ounce, a single gram.

How much more pure and mighty must the promise of God, the Son of God be, that when He was set into the center of hottest of all furnaces, fueled by my sin and made white hot by the wrath of God – He did not lose a single sinner, He did not lose me.

But let me be wise with this promise of Lord, for before You gave me this promise, I was first given to Your promise, Your Son Jesus Christ.

It is because You have given me to Your promise, to Your Son, that I am saved from my furnace, my fire, my sin.

And it is by Your promise, Your Son, that I am preserved through all the flames and furnaces of this world.

It is for this reason, born of Your promise, that I am Your servant and I love Your promise, Your Son Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment