Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Living for the moment ... only to be undone by passing of these moments

"I trust in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hand; rescue me ..." Ps 31:14-15

Ah, the great struggle to see and leave my times in Your hands, 
O Lord, my God and Rescuer!
Surely there is no better sign that my faith is captive to an illusion, 
then my endless attempts to make You, 
the Triune God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, 
the God in whom I live and move and have my being (Ac 17:28), 
fit and conform to my living, moving and being. 

How I strive eight ways to Sunday to see and to put You 
into myself, my times, my trials and my triumphs, 
rather than seeing by faith that You, O Lord, 
have put me and all that is mine, my sin and my all, into Christ. 

How often am I caught up in the moments, 
living by and for these moments, 
only to find myself and my living 
undone by the passing of these moments. 

How foolish I have been!  
How shall my Lord, who has promised to be at work in all things for my good (Rm 8:28), 
keep this promise if all these were not in my Lord's keeping and care? 

Have mercy Lord and forgive my clouded faith and lack of faith.
Surely as my times are in Your hands, so am I. 
Grant me Your Holy Spirit that my mind may be set on the things above, for I have died and my life is hidden with Christ in You (Col 3:2-3). Amen.

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment