Saturday, January 18, 2014

The temporal constantly throw it's gauntlet at the feet of the ageless and eternal that is in us.

Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! 6  He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:6
In the walk of faith, we tend to look at the struggle and challenges of life, as if they are against the "me" that is now, the "me" that is today.  Forgotten is the fact that those who are in Christ are no longer bound by today, yesterday, or tomorrow.
When these moments, hours and even days of our lives come to us, be they in suffering or in pleasure for us, they come as a challenge to the eternal that the Lord has put within us.
The swift, countless and ever busy things of our temporal lives constantly throw down their gauntlets at the feet of the ageless and eternal that is in us.  Seeking by enticement or trial, to lay claim to us and our souls, and thus define and determine who and what we are.
The real battle in life for the believer is never between the "me" that was yesterday and the "me" of today, nor between the "me" of today and the "me" I might become tomorrow.  Being baptized into Christ - He has met the real sinful me as I was yesterday, as I am today and as I will be tomorrow and I am forever saved. 
The real and ongoing struggle of faith is always between the "me" living through the experiences of life today and the "me" that is forever saved, alive and safe in the eternal life of Jesus Christ.  

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment