Friday, April 11, 2014

God’s glory is slain for my glory.

“Your glory, O Israel, is slain on your high places! How the mighty have fallen!”  2 Samuel 1:19

Lord God, Heavenly Father, I have no glory.
My glory was slain the moment of my conception in sin,
while I was carried high in the womb of my mother.
I was brought forth with no glory,
Born fallen and slain in my iniquities.
Let me see in Christ my glory,
He comes to fall because I am fallen.
He comes to be slain because I am slain.
He comes to be slain
and to fall on the high places
so that His Father sees and accepts
His glorious sacrifice and falling for me.
I dwell in the valley of the shadow of His death
on the high places where He was slain.
God’s glory is slain for my glory.
He who was lifted up has drawn me to Himself
and now He falls upon me in the shadow of death
and I am saved.
I see not His glory that He has made to fall upon me
because I dwell in the shadow of death.
Yet, I need only have the water to fall upon me with the Word
and I am born again in my glory, Jesus Christ.
I need only hear His Word of forgiveness
and I am set free in my glory, Jesus Christ.
I need only have the bread and the wine with the Word
fall upon my tongue
and I am feed and nourished
by the body and blood of my glory, Jesus Christ.
Surely I need only hear His Word
falling upon my ears, my heart, my life
and I am strengthened and renewed
to live by faith and not by sight,
in my glory, Jesus Christ.
Lord have mercy and let it be!
Christ have mercy and be this to me!
Lord have mercy and mercy me!


pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment