Monday, March 31, 2014

Have mercy, Lord .... I cannot straighten, what I have bent ...

Have mercy, O most gracious Father.
Have mercy, and hear my prayer. 
Woe unto me for I am truly a whitewashed tomb, 
lovely on the outside 
and yet full of death and uncleanness on the inside.
You have purified me 
and yet by my own desires and sinfulness, 
I fill myself with selfish and self-serving ways in which I live, 
and love myself above all else.
I cannot purify, what I have made impure.
I cannot straighten, what I have bent.
I cannot make clean, what I have made filthy.
I cannot save, what I have lost.
I cannot make holy, what I have made unholy.
I cannot make alive, that which I have killed.
For the sake of Jesus Christ, 
whom I crucified by the agents of my sins, 
and You made alive by Your power of the resurrection, 
have mercy upon me and forgive me. 
Have mercy, O Lord. 
Have mercy, O Christ.
Amen. 

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment