Monday, March 30, 2009

Distain for the Little Things?

My God and my Father, forgive me my prejudice against and disdain for the lowly ways You’ve chosen to give and work the life of Jesus Christ in me for my salvation.
Forgive me for when I struggle and don’t return to my baptism and believe that simple water used with Your Word still:
gives and works Your saving grace in me,
unites me with Your Son, Jesus Christ,
forgive me my sin and the curse of original sin,
regenerates me by the power of Your Holy Spirit, and
gives me eternal life.

In all things I have put my faith in my ability to experience these realities and their effects, and I have lived by sight and not by faith in Your all sufficient Word that works what it says in me and through me. Forgive me, my Father, for the sake of Your Word made flesh, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment