Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Power to still all that storm tosses ...

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalms 46:10-11 (ESV)

When all seems as if you will fly to pieces because of some inner storm or turmoil,
Hear His words and heed them well, "Be still, and know that I am God."
With these words He declares to you in no uncertain terms,
“It is enough for you, for your storm, for your turmoil, that I am your God.”
“If it was enough for you that my Son has quelled the turmoil of your sin and my wrath against you for your sin, how much more so is enough for you and all that is surely less than these – that I am your God?”
“Be still, and know that I am your God and thus greater than you or your troubles.”
Let these words put both you and your turmoil into perspective that you might have real peace even in the midst of them.
This word has power to still all that storm tosses you within or without.
This word made flesh for you, this Lord of hosts is with you and He is your strength and your stillness in perfect peace.

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment