Saturday, March 8, 2014

... in Whom I now thrust my sinful self, body and soul ...

A CONFESSION OF SINS - I

Blessed Lord, 
I confess that in the midst of Your goodness and mercy toward me,
The course of my life and living 
has been turn in rebellion against You and my neighbor.

My eyes are satisfied only 
with what I do not have and cannot have.
My tongue has a taste only 
for those words that judge, hurt, find fault and belittle.
My ears are tuned only
to the sounds of personal praise and commendation.
My hands have a touch only 
for taking and holding.
My feet are fit only 
for running after selfish gain and gratification.
My heart is filled only 
with love of self and all that indulges me.
I am most rightly ready for destruction.

Surely I have sinned against Your Word,
against Your judgments,
against Your promises,
against Your mercies,
and against Your grace.

Surely I have sinned against my own conscience,
and against the holy movements of Your Spirit within me.

Yet I call upon You, for You are merciful and gracious.
Your steadfast love endures forever.
I call to You for forgiveness
because great are Your compassions toward me in Jesus Christ.
I call to You to be gracious to me
because Your mercies never come to an end.

I humbly confess to You, O Lord,
that I am not worthy 
to receive and enjoy 
Your blessed love and forgiveness,

Yet my faith is not in my unworthiness,
nor in my sin,
but in Jesus Christ.
It is He alone who is worthy
and in His great love,
He has united me to Himself
and made me worthy in Him 
to receive the blessings of Your favor.

I am a sinner,
and yet I am Your child in Jesus Christ,
have mercy upon me,
and make we to dwell in Him,
in whom I now thrust my sinful self,
body and soul,
for His saving salvation and protection.
Amen. 

pmwl.


No comments:

Post a Comment