Sunday, March 9, 2014

Yet, still You call to me, You say to me, LIVE..

Blessed God and holy Father,
I flee this hour to Your rich mercies.
For I have sinned and freely done what is evil in Your sight.
If I but reflect moment on Your great goodness to me,
And my own vileness in sin to You,
I am surely ashamed to appear in Your sight.

You constantly call me to repentance,
But I have refused to listened, I have refused to turned.
You lovingly invite me to Your mercies, new each morning,
Yet I have knowingly and willingly sought others.
You have graciously offered me Christ’s righteousness for mine,
Yet I have preferred my own.
You cloth me in the clothing of Christ Himself,
Yet I have recklessly torn and tattered them.
You enrich me with Your grace,
Yet I have robbed You of the honor due.
You give to me a contrite heart,
Yet I am not rightly grieved over my sins.
You give me a believing heart,
Yet I do not trust You.
All this, and more, You do for me even now in Jesus Christ,
Yet for all this, I have been most rebellious,
and unconscious of You.

Seeing all this,
a mere fraction of what You see in me,
what can I expect from You,
but the death my sin has rightly earned me.
Yet, still You call to me,
You say to me, LIVE.

O Steadfast Love, even Jesus Christ
grant to my sinful and sorry soul,
Your rich streams of forgiveness,
That flow from Your Holy Wounds.

Open the eyes of faith for me,
Let me see You in Your great patience,
Let me see You in Your great goodness,
Let me see You In Your mercies that never come to an end.
Have mercy O Lord, have mercy.
Let me hear Your words of eternal life,
Let Your Spirit revive me in the life of Christ,
And let Your great love keep in the truth faith unto life eternal.
IN Christ! Amen.

 pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment