Monday, March 17, 2014

You alone are mindful of my bane and bondage in sin,

Lord have mercy and hear my prayer.
Lord have mercy and be gracious to me for the sake of Christ. Amen.

Blessed and Almighty God,
You have no need of anything,
No words, no works, no thoughts from me,
For You are God and out of You comes all things.
Yet, unless I receive all things from You,
I am undone and can be only nothing.
Such was Adam and Eve apart from Your creating,
Even more so now in sin.
My life, my living and my way
Are not in me, nor from me.
I, like all, great and small,
Am perpetually dependent upon You, Who in creating me,
has taken charge of me and my temporal and eternal welfare.

Grant that I may rightly acknowledge this and give You thanks.
Surely when no eye can pity me according to my need,
You alone are mindful of my bane and bondage in sin,
You alone were glad to come to my aid,
You alone were willing to send He who is able enough to answer for me and my doings,
Yeh, from You alone has come my rescue,
God out of God to deal with God for me,
Light out of Light to shine the Light of life in my darkness,
Very God of very God to completely bear my grief and carry my sorrows,
Even Jesus Christ, my Lord.

Have mercy O Lord, have mercy in Christ.
Grant that He who has become all things for me through faith,
May through faith be all things through me and from me,
To God and to my neighbor.
Grant that He who has walked the way of service and sorrow to the cross,
May through faith walk me in His steps according to my crosses this day and all my days,
Until I shall see Him from whom and in whom
is my living and moving,
Even Jesus Christ.

Lord have mercy on me,
Lord have mercy and be gracious to me for the sake of Christ. Amen.

pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment