Saturday, March 15, 2014

Refrain my presumption and willfulness

Take stock of me, O my soul, and cry out to the Lord,
Cry for mercy, O my soul, for I am a sinner.

Have mercy, O Lord, have mercy,
For I have been most undutiful to You,
Envious and uncaring to my neighbor,
Hypocritical to the world
And deceitful to my own soul.

Have mercy, O Lord, have mercy,
For You have promised to forgive those who repent,
To cleanse all unrighteousness 
by the blood of He who bled for sinners;
To ease those who are burdened and heavy laden,
by He who is the sin bearer; 
To raise up those that have fallen,
by He who descended to the depths;
To satisfy those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
by He who fasted and thirsted; 
And to bind up the brokenhearted,
by He who's heart was pierced for my transgressions.

O blessed Fountain of all goodness and mercy,
You who desire not the death of the sinner,
But rather that I should repent and live,
Have mercy and forgive me.

Let Your power, O blessed Father,
Sustain me in my weakness.
Let Your grace, O blessed Son,
Save me in my lack,
Let Your sanctification, O blessed Spirit,
Refrain my presumption and willfulness.

This I pray, O blessed Trinity,
That though I be divided against myself,
I may in my baptism,
Be forever united and one with You, 
Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

Have mercy, O blessed Jesus Christ,
Have mercy and be gracious to me,

Holy Lord. Amen.

pmwl 

No comments:

Post a Comment