Saturday, February 16, 2013

A new and clean heart within my sinful heart


O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear …  Psalms 10:17 (ESV)

Note what the Lord hears in prayer, “the desire of the afflicted.” Notice that the Lord listens far more than to the words offered up in prayer. He listens deeper than merely the words of the mouth, He listens to the heart for it is out of the heart that all things proceed. Even in the midst of all the evil that spews for from our hearts, our Lord has ears to hear the desire of humble heart.
A new and clean heart within my sinful heart;
  • a humble and clean heart that lives and believes as the Lord Himself created in me through His Word and His Spirit;
  • a humble heart that finds no worthiness in me to call Him Lord or call upon Him as my Lord, yet calls because He has made Himself my Lord;
  • a humble heart that sets me before the mighty Lord as I really am, because as the Lord, He freely welcomes and saves me from all that I am so that I may be His own;
  • a humble heart that looks to the Lord alone to save me from my sinful heart, my sins and the sins of others that press me on every side;
  • a humble heart that, though I be burdened by the woe that is upon me for I am a man of unclean lips, still looks to the Lord of Hosts who meets me in my woe on the Cross to save me;
  • a humble heart that calls only on the name of Lord to be saved and strengthened;
  • a humble heart that rejoices in God my Savior who loves to fill to overflowing, all that I have emptied;
  • a humble heart that rejoices in God my Savior who loves to make straight all that I have bent;
  • a humble heart that rejoices in God my Savior who loves to completely take away every burden laid upon me by myself or others;
  • a humble heart of faith, out of which come righteous desires and words that the Lord always hears and answers.

A humble heart of faith, that though it be ever so small, ever so tiny, is still the holy temple of the Holy Spirit who keeps me in the true faith through Jesus Christ the Lord. 
Have mercy Lord, and hear my prayer.  

The Lord bless you and keep you!

- pmwl 

No comments:

Post a Comment