Monday, February 25, 2013

there the Lord shall count against me all that I have kept back from the truth.


Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. Ps 32:2 

Not just blessed, O my soul, but here find multitudes of blessings from the Lord where there is no deceit in me.
No mountain of my iniquities, no extreme levels of my unevenness, no infinite number of my inequities - shall the Lord put to me for payment where I have been honest with myself and with Him.
No deceit, no sly, no spin O my soul, for where less than the truth about me is confessed to the Lord – there the Lord shall count against me all that I have kept back from the truth.
Walk in the Light, O my soul, as He is in the Light, and confess, confess, confess all my iniquities to Him and the blood of Jesus His Son shall cleanse me of all my iniquities (1 Jn 1:7-8).
When the Lord says of me, as He says of all:
The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one. Ps 14:2-3 (ESV)
Answer honestly, O my soul: “Yea, Lord, surely this is me.”
When the Lord says of my heart, as He says of all hearts:
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? Jr 17:9 (ESV)
Answer honestly, O my soul: “Yea, Lord, surely this is my heart.”
When the Lord says of me, with my sins and my iniquities, as He says of all:
... you have burdened me with your sins; you have wearied me with your iniquities. Is 43:24 (ESV)
Answer honestly, O my soul: “Yea, Lord, surely I have burdened You, surely I have wearied You.”
When the Lord says of me, O my soul:
O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted … Is 54:11 (ESV)
Answer honestly,O my soul: “Yea, Lord, surely I am afflicted, storm-tossed and not comforted.”
When the Lord says of me and my feeble faith, O my soul:
O you of little faith. Mt 8:26 (ESV)
Answer honestly, O my soul: “Yea, Lord, yet a multitude of blessings are mine through this faith, ever so feeble.
For I have confessed my sins with no deceit, and You are faithful, not counting them against me.
Surely You, who have begun this good work in me, will bring it and me to perfect completion as the coming of my Lord Jesus Christ (Ph 1:6.

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.  Ps 42:5-6 (ESV)

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment