Thursday, February 14, 2013

A nothing of a prayer that prays for all things


Be gracious to me, O Lord!  Psalms 9:13 (ESV)

Such simple words, such a seemingly small thing to ask, yet these few words ask that nothing less than all that is Jesus Christ be given to me.
In these few words the living God is petitioned to fulfill every one of His promises to me.
This short prayer is a petition for the absolute heights, depths and breadth of God’s love to be given to me.
This mustard size prayer pleads for the Lord to move the mountain of my sin from me here to the Christ there.
This seemingly nothing of a prayer prays that the Lord provide me with everything.
This unworthy prayer prayed according to the worthiness of the Lord to answered it for me.

If you would know whether all that this prayer asks is answered – look to the manger of Christ, look to the life of Christ, look to the cross of Christ, look to the death of Christ, look to the resurrection of Christ from the dead, and if you would find the answer to this little prayer in your life, look to your baptism in you were united by the grace of God the answer – Jesus Christ.

The grace of God be with you all. Amen.  

- pmwl


No comments:

Post a Comment