Wednesday, February 27, 2013

He has by my wounding Him on the Cross - hidden me in His wounds.


You are a hiding place for me… Ps 32:7 (ESV)

This is my claim upon the Lord, O my soul,
For He is the Rock that was cleft for me.
In His wounds, I am safely hidden.
He who has engraved my name upon the palm of His hand,
He has by my wounding Him on the Cross - hidden me in His wounds.
Even as the Lord hid Moses in the cleft of the rock so to save Moses as His glory passed by,
So the Lord has hidden me in the cleft of my Rock and Redeemer so to save me as His wrath passed by.
Even as the glory of God burned hot on the rock, Moses dwelled safely in the place the Lord had hidden Him.
So has the wrath of God burned hot on my Rock and Redeemer, I dwell safely in the place the Lord has hidden me.
I have been baptized into Christ, O my soul,
He shall hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble (Ps 27:5).
He shall hide me from the wicked who do me violence and from my deadly enemies who surround me (Ps 17:8-9).
In the shadow of His hand He has hidden me (Is 49:2).

Be at peace, O my soul,
For the Lord is my hiding place,
He shall preserve me from trouble,
And He, even now, surrounds me with shouts of deliverance before me, behind me, beside me, beneath me and above me. Ps 32:7

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.  Ps 119:114 (ESV)

- pmwl  

No comments:

Post a Comment