Sunday, February 24, 2013

…the blessings of the Lord are not for the keepers of the Law


Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.   Ps 32:1

Behold the means of blessedness, O my soul.
Take comfort, O my soul,
for no matter how poor, how sick, how sorrowful I have been in my sin,
I am forgiven for the sake of Christ,
and the Lord shall bless me.
Be at peace, O my soul,
for no matter how great, how many, how awful my sins,
they are all covered over by the blood of Christ,
and the Lord shall bless me in all things.
Rejoice! Again I say rejoice, O my soul,
for the blessings of the Lord are not for the keepers of the Law,
but for me the sinner, me the Lawbreaker –
whom He has forgiven of all my iniquities,
redeemed my life from the pit
and now crowns me with His steadfast love and mercy (Ps 103:3-4).
Because the Lord shall bless me.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
for His full, instantaneous, irreversible and never yielding forgiveness
that turns the hell I have earned by my sin
into the heaven He has earned for me by His sinlessness.
And the Lord shall bless me.
Give thanks to the Lord, O my soul,
for the blood of His Son has so covered my sinfulness, covered my sin, covered my wretchedness
that these are all so hidden now from the sight of God
that He shall forever bless me.
How good and gracious is the Lord, O my soul,
for He who has forgiven my sin and covered all my iniquities,
does not leave me to wonder if these gracious works are worked for me,
but sends forth servants of His Word to announce the forgiveness of my sins,
nay to give me God’s forgiveness of my sins and the covering of my iniquities
in His name: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
And I am forever blessed in the Lord. Amen.

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Ps 103:1-5 (ESV)

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment