Thursday, February 21, 2013

Like water finding its way .. Your righteousness finds


In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me! Ps. 31:1
How mighty and awesome is Your righteousness O Lord!
Your righteousness so cleaves You, so opens You, that You alone become a refuge for me – the unrighteous, the non-righteous, the never-righteous - in my sin.
Your righteousness so owns me in my shame, that it makes You fully responsible for me – the shamed, the shameful, the shaming – in my sin.
Like water finding its way to the lowest place – Your righteousness finds its way to low and lowest of me in my sin so that I might be raised up – by You.
Like water completely filling that which is empty – Your righteousness fills me in my emptiness so that I am filled – with You.
Like water washing away that which is filthy – Your righteousness washes me of my filth in the blood of Christ and I am cleansed – in You.
How far and wide Your righteousness is involved in all things for me.
Surely I am refuged well in You, when I ought be refused by You.
Surely I am put to glory in You, when I ought be to shame by You.
Surely I am delivered in You, when I ought be denied by You.
Surely You are Jesus Christ, the Lord our righteousness (Jr 33:16).

By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness, O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas.  Ps 65:5 
- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment