Thursday, February 28, 2013

the sour taste of my best efforts thwarted by my worst desires


Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Ps 34:8 (ESV)

Many are the things that I taste each day.
The bitter taste of my sweetest intentions tainted by my twinges of jealousy.
The sour taste of my best efforts thwarted by my worst desires.
The burned taste of my greatest offerings torched by flames of my own glory.
The vinegary taste of my own pride and vanity.
The tart taste of my trials and troubles.
The curdled taste of cruel and unkind things done to me.
To taste of the Lord – is to taste of Him who tasted all my sin, so that I might forever taste of His forgiveness.
To taste of the Lord – is to taste of Him who tasted all my guilt, that I might forever taste of His innocence.
To taste of the Lord – is to taste of Him who tasted the total wrath of God against me, that I might forever taste the total righteousness of God.
To taste of the Lord – is to taste of Him who tasted my death, that I might taste of His eternal life.
To taste of the Lord – is to taste of Him who tasted my grave, that I might taste of His resurrection.
To taste, is to receive to yourself,
Nay, it is to receive in yourself.
To taste, to receive the Lord is to believe in Him,
To take, to receive to yourself the Lord, and with Him, everything He offers.
When you taste of the Lord, you do more than merely taste that He is good.
For it is in tasting of the Lord, that Lord makes the taster – good.
So taste daily, hourly, never fail to taste, to receive to yourself – the Lord, and in Him, what is good – for you.

Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.   Jn 6:54-56 (ESV)

-pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment