Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I brought upon myself such wasting away


For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.  I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.   Ps 32:3-5 (ESV)

Be not silent O my soul,
For by your silence in the hour of my temptation,
I have brought upon myself such wasting away within me, such groaning in my guilt.
Be not silent O my soul,
For heavy is the hand of God upon me.
So weighty is His Law upon me for my sin,
That my spirit is broken, my hope is crushed.
Be not silent O my soul,
For hot is His wrath against me for my sin.
Such is the heat that my black guilt draws to me,
That my strength has disappeared as the dew in the summer sun.
Acknowledge my sin, O my soul,
For the Lord shall remember my sin no more (Jr 31:34).
Uncover all my iniquities, O my soul,
For the Lord shall forgive my iniquities (Jr 31:34).
Confess my sins to the Lord, O my soul,
For the Lord is faithful and just (1Jn 1:9),
He shall forgive me of my sin and cleanse me of all my unrighteousness (1Jn 1:9).

Rejoice, O my soul,
For I had made myself 
single in my sin, 
isolated in my iniquities 
and garrisoned by my  guilt.
I confessed my sin to the LORD,
And He gave me the companionship of Christ.
I uncovered my iniquities to the LORD,
And He gave me Immanuel.
I acknowledge my guilt to the LORD,
And He gave me His guarding grace.

Waste away no more my bones!
Be silent my groaning!
For I having confessed my sins,
And the Lord has forgiven my the iniquity of my sin.
His hand that was heavy upon me,
Now holds me with my name engraved upon it (Is 49:16).
In the summer heat of my sins,
He gives me living water that wells up in me with the strength of eternal life (Jn 4:14).
Be not silent, O my soul,
For I praise the Lord!
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart,
In the company of the upright,
in the congregation (Ps 111:1).
Be not silent, O my soul!

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.  Ps 32:1 (ESV)

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment