Saturday, February 23, 2013

…and there is Your hand.


My times are in your hand … Ps 31:15

There are my times and there is Your hand.
I have days, hours and moments and still there is Your hand.
I have days, hours and moments long past, some remembered, many forgotten and still there is Your hand.
I have days now, each filled with hours of joy and hours of pain, moments of merriment and moments of mourning and still there is Your hand.
I have days yet to be for me, each filled with hours and moments wholly unknown to me and still there is Your hand.
From the time my mother conceived me, each moment, every hour and all my days have been, as I was conceived – sinful (Ps 51:5) and still there is Your hand.
In my day of my judgment, the hour of my trial, and the moment of my condemnation there was Your hand.
Having entered in time, You have entered to my times.
You have met me in the moment of my sinful conception with Your hand.
You have grasped each of my sinful hours by Your hand.
You have taken the damnation for all my days into Your hand.
And now the day of my judgment, the hour of my guilt and the moment of my death are in Your hand.
Early on the third day, at the hour of sunrise and there is the moment of my resurrection because my times were in Your resurrected hand.
Now my times are filled with forgiveness and new life because I am in Your hand.
Now the days, the hours and the moments of my life are no longer lived in vain –
because no day, no hour, not a single moment of Your time has Your hand held me and my times in vain.
Because there is Your hand, I pray –
Take my life and let it be
consecrated Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in ceaseless praise,
let them flow in ceaseless praise.” LSB 784 v. 1

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.   Ps 62:8 (ESV)

- pmwl



No comments:

Post a Comment