Saturday, March 30, 2013

because it is a time for God and faith in Him.


The silence of the tomb is the tomb’s victory,
Says my sin, O my soul.
Surely, my sinful nature misread the silence of Christ’s tomb
as the tombs victory. 
Ah, my sinful nature seeks to deny the reality of Christ’s victory in death for me,
So that I might doubt Christ’s victory over death for me.
Hear the word of God in this silence, O my soul!
For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress;
I shall not be greatly shaken.
For God alone, O my soul,
wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.  Ps 62:1-2; 5; 7 (ESV)
These words of reality interpret Jesus’ silence in the tomb. 
Having suffered through the silence of God’s wrath for me
and finished it,
Jesus’ last word on the cross was a word of faith
with which He commended Himself
into His Father’s keeping. 
Jesus’ silence while in the tomb,
speaks not of the grave’s power,
but of His faith and confidence in His Father’s power
to keep and deliver Him from the grave and its power. 
Jesus could be silent because it was a time 
to let His Father, Father Him.  
So Jesus is silent in the tomb
because it is a time for God and faith in Him.
Having God’s ever speaking Word, I hear Him, O my soul,
and by my hearing, I receive faith and the work His speaks to me.
I am left to suffer no silence of God. 
Surely I must go through many adversities in this world,
For the Lord promises that it is through much tribulation that I shall enter the kingdom of heaven. (Acts 14:22).
Others may see my quiet silence as my surrender to these adversities.  What they do not know, O my soul,
Is that for me, as a believer, it is a time for the Lord. 
Living by faith in Christ, O my soul,
I walk, I run, I travel on my course in the silence of a sure hope,
allowing my heavenly Father, to Father me as He did His Son,
which can only mean resurrection for me. 

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment