Monday, March 25, 2013

So inclined is my heart to evil, that out of it ...


Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!  Ps 119:36 (ESV)

Know my heart, O my soul,
To petition the Lord to incline my heart to His Word,
Is to confess that my heart is inclined elsewhere.
As surely as the Lord testifies that my tongue is a restless evil, (Ja 3:8)
How much more so my heart, the master of my tongue.
Such restless evil inclines my heart to evil,
To all that is turned away from the Lord.
So inclined is my heart to evil, that out of it,
my thoughts are filled with all kinds of covetousness, sensuality, and foolishness. (Mk 7:21-23)
How is it that I do the very thing that I hate,
In deference to the good thing I want to do,
If my heart were not so filled with sin and its inclination to sin. (Rm 7:15-16)
O my soul, see your desperate need for the Lord
to incline my heart to His testimonies.
For I know that nothing good dwells in me,
That is in my flesh, my heart,
As I have the desire to incline myself to do what is right,
Yet I have not the ability in me or my heart to carry it out.(Rm 7:18)
As the inclination of my heart to selfish ends,
draws me away from the Lord’s testimonies,
So that I am drawn away from the living God.
Call on the Lord, O my soul, that He might incline my heart.
For my flesh and my heart my fail me,
But the Lord is the strength of my heart,
And He is my portion that satisfies all my longings. (Ps 73:26)
Create in me a clean heart O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me, (Ps 51:10)
Lest I cast You away from my presence,
For the sake of selfish gain.
For You have sprinkled me with clean water.
You have cleansed me of all my uncleannesses.
You have cleansed me of the idols I am inclined to.
You have given me a new heart.
You have put a new spirit within me.
You make me to walk carefully in Your testimonies. (Ez 36:25-27).
Rejoice, O my soul,
For when the cares of my heart are many,
The Lord’s consolations cheer my soul. (Ps 94:19)

-pwml

No comments:

Post a Comment