Sunday, March 17, 2013

even deeper were my feet secured in the mire of my miserableness.


 He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. Ps 40:2 (ESV)

Rejoice, O my soul, and give thanks to the Lord.
For He has seen me in the place of my making,
He has descended to the depths that my sinful desires have dug,
He has brought Himself down into the midst of my destruction,
He has laid hold of me in the hole of have hollowed in my unholiness,
And here, the Lord did for me what I could never do for myself.
He lifted me up from where I had descended.
As deep as my pit was, even deeper were my feet secured in the mire of my miserableness.
Yet the Lord in love came to me,
Came and placed Himself in my place,
Came and put His feet in the place of my feet,
And there He drew me up to Himself.
Bearing me up in His own body,
And He brought me forth from my pit, my grave.
Having set me upon Himself, my Rock and my Redeemer,
He has made my steps secure,
that my way through this world might be secure in Him.
Rejoice, O my soul, and give thanks to the Lord.

- pmwl 

No comments:

Post a Comment