Sunday, March 24, 2013

if the way of my temptations be not deceptive,


Hold me up, that I may be safe …  Ps 119:117 (ESV)

See my condition, O my soul, in my petition.
I am not safe, O my soul,
I cannot hold myself up,
I cannot even stand me up.
Temptations are so many,
And my weakness before them is much.
Temptations come to me from within,
Temptations come to me from without,
And if the way of my temptations be not deceptive,
Their way with me is to overwhelm me.
So strong are the desires of my sin for me,
So weak and unwatchful am I, in my sin,
That I would surely fall before them,
Unless the Lord lift me up,
And secure me, safe away, O my soul.  
Lift me up, O Lord, God of my salvation,
And hide me safe in the shadow of Your wing. (Ps 17:8)
Lift me above the littleness I have chosen in my sin,
And hide me safe in Your shelter. (Ps 27:5)
Lift me up out of the littleness I have made of myself in my sin,
And in the cover of Your presence,
hide me from my sins that I may be safe.
Be gracious to me, O Lord!
See my affliction,
O You who lift me up from the gates of death, (Ps 9:13)
For You are He who sets on high,
Those who are lowly.
You alone are He who lifts to safety,
Those who humbly seek You. (Job 5:11)

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment