Monday, March 18, 2013

The Lord shall not stifle the flow of His mercy to me,


As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!  Ps 40:11 (ESV)

Such is my confidence, O my soul,
For though in my sin, I be truly a poor miserable sinner,
Truly so wretched as to deserve nothing,
The Lord shall not restrain His mercy from me,
The Lord shall not hold up His mercy from descending upon me,
The Lord shall not stifle the flow of His mercy to me,
The Lord shall not keep the greatness of His mercy from giving me life (Ps 119:156).
In His mercy, His steadfast love preserves me.
The Lord’s steadfast love saves me (Ps 31:16).
The Lord’s steadfast love surrounds me (Ps32:10).
The Lord’s steadfast love rises up, comes to my help and redeems me (Ps 44:26).
The Lord’s steadfast love blots out my transgressions (Ps 51:1).
The Lord’s steadfast love satisfies me in the mourning 
that I may rejoice and be glad all my days (Ps 90:14).
The Lord’s steadfast love held me up when I thought, “My foot slips” (Ps94:18).
The Lord’s steadfast love comforts me according to His promise (Ps 119:76).
The Lord’s steadfast love gives me life that I may keep His testimonies (Ps 119:88)..
And because the Lord’s steadfast love endures forever, 
He will fulfill His purpose for me (Ps 138:8).
So give thanks to the Lord, O my soul,
for His steadfast love,
for His wondrous work to me, a child of man (Ps 107:8, 15, 21, 31). 
In His mercy, His faithfulness preserves me.
The Lord’s faithfulness is the way of all His works for me (Ps 33:4).
The Lord’s faithfulness watches over me (Ps 61:7).
The Lord’s faithfulness answers me at an acceptable time (Ps 69:13).
The Lord’s faithfulness is a shield and bucker for me (Ps 91:4).
The Lord’s faithfulness brings affliction to me that I might learn His Word (Ps 119:75).
The Lord’s faithfulness answers me in His righteousness (Ps 143:1).
And in the Lord’s great faithfulness, 
His mercies are new to me every morning (Lam 3:23).
The Lord is my portion, O my soul,
Therefore I will hope in Him (Lam 3:24).

- pmwl 

No comments:

Post a Comment