Friday, March 8, 2013

who refuse in faith to open their mouths wide that the Lord might fill it


Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you. Ps 33:22

Hope in the Lord, O my soul,
His steadfast love has given me hope,
Do not stifle the Lord’s goodness in action,
by doubt and unbelief.
Is this not the Lord who promised,
“Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.” (Ps 81:10)?
And didn’t this same Lord lament over the fact
that the people to whom He made this promise,
would not listen, would not hope in Him (Ps 81:11)?
What could the Lord do with those who refused to hope in Him,
Those who refuse in faith to open their mouths wide that the Lord might fill it,
But give them over to following their own counsels (81:12),
And thus to their continued submission to their enemies (81:14).
Hope in the Lord, O my soul,
For it is by His steadfast love that I shall enter His house and dwell with Him forever (Ps 5:7).
Hope in the Lord, O my soul,
For through the steadfast love of the Lord Most High, I shall be moved (Ps 21:7).
Hope in the Lord, O my soul,
For His steadfast love, like His mercy, is from of old (Ps 25:6),
And He remembers me, not according to the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions, but according to His steadfast love (Ps 25:7).
Hope in the Lord, O my soul,
For all His paths are steadfast love to those who trust in Him (Ps 25:10).
Many are the sorrows of those who have no hope, no trust in the Lord,
But the Lord’s steadfast love,
His love in action, devoted to my salvation,
surrounds me,
if I will but believe in Him,
if I will but hope in Him (Ps 32:10). 

Let Your steadfast love be upon me, O Lord,
Even more than I hope in You.

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment