Thursday, March 14, 2013

My accusers are many for my sins are many


I have become like a man who does not hear, and in whose mouth are no rebukes.
But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.  Ps 38:14 -15 (ESV)

There is a case against me, O my soul.
My accusers are many for my sins are many,
And the weight of their charges is as great as the weight of my guilt.
They demand that I justify myself.
My own sinful nature burns within me to attack and destroy those who accuse me,
But if they were silenced, Satan the great accuser
Whispers in the ears of my sinful nature,
Frightening me, terrifying me
so that I might answer for my sins,
and defend myself against my guilt.
I must be as one who is deaf to the voices of my accusers,
Not because I have no sin, nor any guilt,
But because I cannot answer for my sin,
I cannot defend myself from my guilt.
For me to answer for my sins
Is for me to receive the full consequences of my sins.
For me to defend myself against my guilt,
Is for me to be defeated by my guilt.
Put nothing in my mouth, O my soul,
Save cries that the Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.
Wait, wait for the Lord, O my soul,
To Him alone would I commit my cause (Jb 5:8).
For it is He who has taken up my cause,
That He might redeem my life (Lam 3:58).
He will plead my cause,
He will redeem me,
He will give my life according to His promise (Ps 119:154).
Look to the Lord, O my soul,
He is the God of my salvation,
He will hear me when I cry to Him.
Rejoice not over me, my enemies,
when I fall, I shall rise,
when I sit in darkness,
the Lord shall be a light to me.
I will bear the indignation of the Lord,
For I have sinned against Him,
And I shall wait in silence, O my soul,
Until He shall plead my cause for me,
Until He executes judgment for me,
For He shall bring me out into the light,
And I shall look upon His vindication (Mi 7:7-9).
Who is the Lord that answers me, O my soul,
He is my advocate with the Father.
He is the propitiation for my sins,
And not only for my sins, but for the sins of the whole world.
He is Jesus Christ the righteous (1 Jn 2:1-2).
He has ascended to the right hand of God
And is interceding for me,
And for all who believe in Him (Rm 8:34).

- pmwl


No comments:

Post a Comment