Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bring to mind, O my soul, that whatever it be that bows me down,


Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. Ps 42:5-6 (ESV)

Bring to mind, O my soul, that whatever it be that bows me down,
it comes only by the loving wisdom of the God who has redeemed you,
And it cannot escape His grasp to make it work for my good. (Rm 8:28).
Be mindful, O my soul, in all that makes for turmoil within me,
Even though it omes beyond my grasp, both it and I, are within His grasp,
And neither it, nor anything else can take me from His grasp. (Jn 10:28).
Bring to mind, O my soul, that whatever it be that bows me down,
it comes only in proportion to your ability,
And He is faithful an shall provide the way of escape,
That I may endure it. (1Co 10:13).
Be mindful, O my soul, in all that makes for turmoil within me,
It is the Lord who is my portion, not my turmoil,
And He is good to the soul who seek Him
To those who wait for Him. (La 3:25)
Bring to mind, O my soul, that whatever it be that bows me down,
My Lord was bowed down under it and my sin that ought rightly to bow me even into death.
Be mindful, O my soul, in all that makes for turmoil within me,
My Lord was in such turmoil within Himself for me and my sin,
That His soul was sorrowful, even unto death for me. (Mt 26:28)
Yes, hope in the Lord, because I shall again praise,
Again, this is my hope, again,
It is God who justifies, who or what is there to condemn me. (Rm 8:33).
Who shall separate me from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? (Rm 8:36)
No, in all these things I am more than conquerors through him who loved me.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers,
nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rm 8:37-39)
Hope in God, O my soul; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

- pmwl

No comments:

Post a Comment