Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Surely I have tested the Most High God,


 O Lord, rebuke me not in your anger, nor discipline me in your wrath!  Ps 38:1 (ESV)

Note well, O my soul,
That I cannot plead that the Lord would not rebuke me,
Nor can I ask He not discipline me.
For I have rebelled against the command of the Lord my God,
And I have murmured against Him (Dt 1:26-27).
Surely I have tested the Most High God,
Refusing to keep His testimonies,
I have turned away and acted treacherously (Ps 78:56-57).
How often have I rebelled against the words of God,
Spurning His counsel (Ps 107:11),
Scattering my favors among those not given to me (Jr 3:12),
Grieving His Holy Spirit (Is 63:10).
O blessed Lord, who’s anger cannot shut up Your compassion (Ps 77:9),
You have provided a path for Your anger against me, You forgives the iniquity of Your people,
You who covers all their sin,
You who withdraws all Your anger,
Put away your indignation toward me,
And restore me again, O God of my salvation (Ps 85:2-4).
I will give thanks to You, O Lord,
For though You were angry with me,
Your anger turned away,
That You might comfort me (Is 12:1).
You have given my sin to Your Son,
And You wrapped Yourself Your anger,
To rebuking me in Him.
You made Your Son to see my affliction under the rod of Your wrath,
You have brought Him into my darkness,
And turned Your hand against Him for me (La 3:1-3).
Restore me, O Lord!
Let Your face shine, that I may be saved! (Ps 80:19)
Rebuke me in Christ alone
that I may be forgiven amidst my rebellion,
Discipline me in my Savior,
That I may live the new life He has given me.
Even in the midst of my old and sinful life.

-pmwl 

No comments:

Post a Comment