Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gone must be the disguises I have used to hide myself.


O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill?
He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart. 
Ps 15:1-2 (ESV)

God is truth, O my soul,
and He knows the truth of me.
If I would enter into His tent, O my soul,
Then I must enter into the depths of my heart to own my truth.
If I would dwell with Him on His holy hill,
Then I must dwell in the knowledge of myself as I really am in His eyes.
Gone must be the disguises I have used to hide myself.
Gone from me must be the artificiality that I have trusted so much in.
Truth must come to me in all it fullness,
That I might fully embrace and own,
not only my truths that please and pleasure me,
But also my truths that are quick to pain and pierce my sinful pride,
revealing my faults, my failings, my sin and sinfulness.
Close not my eyes to these, O my soul,
Even though they be humiliating to me,
Even though they leave me with nothing,
It is a far better thing to look upon these and own them,
Than to possess the illusions that flatter me,
And keep me in prides sinful errors.
Take courage, O my soul,
own my truth and confess it,
Confess it to Him who walks blamelessly for me,
Confess my truth to Him who does what is right for me,
Confess the sin within my heart to Him who speaks truth in His heart for me.
For it is He alone, even Jesus Christ,
Who made Himself nothing, (Ph 2:7)
to meet me in my truth,
to dwell with me in the sinful tent of my nothingness,
So that I might sojourn, I might rest in Him.
He is God’s grace and truth,
And in Him,
through faith in Him,
He walks me blamelessly,
He does what is right in me,
And He speaks the truth of His heart in me,
That I might sojourn now and forever in His tent
And dwell on His holy hill.

- pmwl 

No comments:

Post a Comment